Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bon Voyage

We embark to far away lands today. To a different part of the world. Far away from Christmas lights, bustling streets and crowds of shoppers. My sons, and I. Away, for two whole weeks! A different Christmas, as they will always be now. We will learn how to "do" Christmas again. But not this year. This year, we escape. This year, we close ranks. Lick our wounds. Wishing you peace this holiday season, and love. Especially love. It's the greatest gift of all. See you in 2007.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Bon Voyage my friend and her sons!
Where ever you journey leads you may there be some healing and some fun times to remember. Lou will be in your hearts. . . .he lives there now.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great and healing trip.

Cindy

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this trip will be good for you. I've been truly touched and inspired by reading your blog. I hope you continue to blog us through your journey of healing.

Hugs to you,
Lorie Clark

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home