Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Good Year. A Good Movie.

Movie night. I'm so glad I have girlfriends. A Good Year was the film of choice tonight. OK, so the critics panned it, who cares? Russell Crowe, in control in London, and out of control, in Provence, what's not to like ? Great soundtrack, I purchased it immediately from itunes when I got home (my new hobby, purchasing from itunes). Beautiful scenery. Albert Finney. Directed by Ridley Scott. Russell Crowe, oh yeah, I already mentioned him. And some french woman for you guys (not to mention the american woman, but the french one is of course, the love interest ). It's charming, light, and funny. There's only one problem with the movie. It's hopelessly romantic. By now, you know what that means, for me. Runny mascara. Kleenex. And that ache in my heart that doesn't go away. I HAD that. I HAD romance like that. I did. And it was good. It was really, really, good. It was a Good Life, for real.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How many really get to marry the prince? We did, didn't we? For real. An honest-to-goodness dream come true. At least we had it. Too short, but we did! We surely did.

By the way, LOOOOOOOVE I-Tunes!
Love you....

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy....hope you aren't offended by this, but the saying that came to my mind when I read your blog today was: "better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.".....I know the "lost" part is not good, but your life is far better from knowing and loving Lou....as is mine for knowing and loving Kirby.
HUGS, Sharon

10:08 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

It is wonderful that you had the love of your life, your prince and your best friend. It was much too short but memories oh how sweet! Keep those memories close to your heart. I know you are coming upon Lou's favorite time of year and you are going to need to grab on to those memories to survive and make new memories.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home