Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Best Gifts

Two years ago, we were almost done with 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy at this time. Lou walked into his doctors offices in the middle of December, when the treatment was finished, and they were amazed at how good he looked. His tumor had shrunk 50% in size from the treatment. It was one of the best Christmas presents ever. We didn't know at that point that the damage the tumor had done was irreparable. We celebrated mightily, thinking we might beat this thing somehow. The other best Christmas present ever, besides the year Lou gave me my engagement ring, was the year Lou survived an 8 hour emergency surgery on December 18, twelve years ago, for an aortic aneurisym. He was still in the hospital for Christmas, but he was out of intensive care. It was a very sad Christmas for us, yet God gave us the most magnificent gift in allowing Lou to survive that catastrophic event. Those were the best Christmas gifts. The gifts that didn't come wrapped in boxes. For all that Lou loved to give, all the gifts he bestowed on us....the very best were those. His gift of fighting for us, of not giving up. I think about that alot. He was so amazingly strong, for us. Thank you dear Lou, thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Gifts that will remain in the heart forever . . . . .treasured by only you. . . . .Never forget how much Lou loved you.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home