Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Senator Kennedy

Ted Kennedy. Brain cancer. I'm sorry for him. For his family. Very sorry. One of the articles I read just sickened me. They are still talking about the drug Lou took as if it were manna from heaven. It is still called the latest and greatest, and it wasn't the latest and greatest, THEN, now 3 years ago, how can it be NOW? It is NOT. It extends life 2 months on average, from 12 months to 14 months. Oh wow everyone. If there is any good at all that can come from Mr. Kennedy being struck by this insidious disease, it will be to raise awareness of it, and hopefully, funding for better treatments. Speaking of funding, TEAM BERES raised $8,000 for the American Brain Tumor Walk a few weeks ago. I'm really proud of that. Out of over 100 teams registered, we ranked 15th in funds raised. Not bad. Next year, even better. Please pray for Mr. Kennedy and all brain tumor patients. They really do need it. On another note, perhaps one day soon, it really will be spring in Chicago.......brrrrr!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Ohio said...

Cathy, I was talking with a friend at work whose father died this year from a brain tumor and about Lori who died September 1 from a brain tumor. We both agreed that prayers for the Kennedys, but that the one good thing that can come from this is public knowledge, increased fund raising, and increased research. I'd be happy to help with the Brain Tumor Walk next year. Let me know.
Pete

8:30 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The only good thing that will come from this is more public knowledge, increased funding and more research. Lets hope that is what indeed happens but until then will pray for the Kennedy Family as yet they are faced with another big obstacle.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home