Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Join Us!

Saturday, April 26, is the third annual "Path To Progress" Walk/Run for the American Brain Tumor Association. It is Team Beres' second annual appearance. We can do better this year. Join us, and make this picture bigger. Walk with us, we'd love to have you! Of course, donations are greatly appreciated as well. The ABTA exists to raise funds for research to find treatments and someday, a cure, for this awful disease. And, they provide much needed support for brain tumor patients and families. They are funding some amazing research. I am now a board member, I can vouch for what the organization does. It isn't a "popular" disease. It doesnt' get much attention. It needs all the support we can muster. I don't need to tell you how devastating the disease is. You can look back on my entries here to witness that. I can direct you to other stories like TeamMeyer, Fred Schappert, Robin Sierra, Kirby Bates, and many many more, whom are no longer with us. Who were taken so quickly, and so cruelly by this disease. But, there are four year + survivors out there, Pam Cameron is coming up on that, Dan Kidd is there, there is hope. We need more hope. We need more treatments, we need a cure. Help us. Go to abta.org, find the link for the Path to Progress, on the left side of the homepage. You can join our team, TEAM BERES, or support our team with a donation. Thank you, for all my brain tumor buddies, thank you.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A smile and a tear..
Thank you

1:20 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I wish I could join you. I will go for a walk that day here in Walla Walla and keep Team Beres in my thoughts and of course Lou and all those that still fight this horrible disease. All My Love. Go Team Beres!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lana Beres said...

I want to walk this year with you guys!!! How do I sign up? I'll have Tony get with Mit to get all the details from you or you can always email me the info @ lanaberes@gmail.com. I was sad that we missed out last year!

Lana & Tony

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so happy when I checked your blog tonight and saw you were writing again!! Unfortunately, I have now joined your club. I lost my sister on March 15th to this horrible disease. She leaves behind two children, ages 1 and 4. She was 27. I will never get the image of that last day out of my mind. I will be there for the Path to Progress Walk, all the way from Iowa. We are team Walking Fur Elise. I'll look for you!!

Emily
www.carepages.com
cp: Elisecarepage

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home