Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Busy Living

Been busy living lately. Very busy. All of a sudden, I find myself pretty busy. I'm doing things I didn't have time to do much of while working and raising a family. Those days were busy, too, in a different way. Work, the boys activities, etc. Then came the brain tumor and life stopped pretty much. Busy, yes; the doctors, treatments, research, caring for Lou. Very busy. But very focused. Then came the great sleep, and the sleep walking, when I couldn't do anything at all.....for so long after Lou died. And now. Little by little, I've become very busy. I'm not used to it I think. It's good. It's good to be busy. Sometimes I wonder if I'm just trying to fill the empty spaces. I know I can be alone quite well, so I don't think that is it. What I think it is, is that I've learned that life is too short. Better to get busy living NOW. And so it goes. Happy Spring!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

"Busy Living" it's a good thing -- a "Spring Thing." Stay happy, stay full of life and most of all keep busy. . . .

10:27 AM  
Blogger Pete from Ohio said...

I am now in the sleep walking. Lori died 7 months ago. Lots of hard days. But thanks for the message that one day you get busy again.

9:03 PM  
Blogger A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss said...

Hi Cathy: It took me until about 3.5 years before that everlasting emptiness began to change. I had many, many good days, but then there were the "other" days. But we keep it all on track, don't we? I have 3 boys and they needed me more than I needed to retreat from life. So we just forge ahead, and then suddenly, little by little, a new "normalcy" seeps into our lives. elaine

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home