Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Symphony, the sequel

Last night was symphony night. First one of the season. I only go to four over the season, with girlfriends. I was a bit edgy about going. I've written about this so many times before. Classical music , Lou.....he loved it. And we listened to an awful lot of it while he was sick. It helped. If it was the right piece, it could help, alot. Then we went to the symphony, that one January day, when he was sick. I wrote about that, too. How happy I was to finally get him there, again, only to have him ask, as we left Symphony Center, "where were we just now". All hopes, dashed. It was the last time we went to Symphony Center. Last season, I was moved to tears several times as I thought of him, that last time we went, how much he loved classical music. So I was curious how I would handle it, this year. There were feelings of deja vu, yes. But, the program was wonderful. Absolutely astounding, really. I just soaked it up. Loved it. Wished it could go on all night. I wished Lou could have been there. But I realized, God gave us music to enjoy. It's there to lift our spirits and carry us to new places. Music can do that. And , it did, last night. I was ok. I was really ok. I let the music carry me away. And it was ok. I'm looking forward to the next concert.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I'm glad the symphony was good this time. It will always be a reminder but it can be a good reminder. Enjoy!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home