Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Life Calls

The beach is always good for thinking. Yes, it was a year. August 31. A year. Seems so long ago. A lifetime ago. Lou was sick for so long before that, we are really talking three years, or more, since he's been here. The real Lou. A long time. The day was sad. Empty. Was away, with friends. And traveled home, alone. Lots of time to think. Traveling is good for that. Beaches are good for that. Summer is over. Fall is in the air. My favorite time of year. Except for the memories it brings. Of first dates, of new love, of a new life with that new love. So long ago. New beginnings. That's what fall is for. Life is calling. I heard it, on the trip. It calls like the sea does, beckoning you to jump in. To get off the shoreline. To throw yourself in, not just dip your toe. There are songs I want to sing. Again. I want to dance. Again. I want to wear a red dress. Again. I think I want to live. Again. I think life is calling. And I want to answer it.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Kitchen said...

Welcome back!
You have been in my thoughts and prayers constantly - and it thrills me to see you back at it!!

t

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thought. I am glad the sea and beach did that for you. Life is for the living you know. And we might as well live it to the fullest if we can. Good advice for anyone. Bravo to you for taking it. I should too.
your friend, RCB

9:14 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Welcome back Cathy!
How refreshing to be at the beach and with friends. Renewal that is certainly what our souls need. I know you will sing again, I know you will dance again and I certainly know you will wear a red dress again and all in good time.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life does go on, even when we want it to stop. I'm glad life is moving on for you....that doesn't mean forgetting, just being able to live life with a smile, a laugh, a feeling other than dread everyday.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy
Ive never read anything more beautiful in my life. Truely moving. The tears are flowing. I feel what you are trying to say and do. I wish you happiness. Please write to me someday and tell me how you are. Remember...you said I would be the first to know when you write that book.I will never foreget you. Love to you and your boys.... Lov, Colleen / List friend- brann826@comcast.net/ sandwich , Illinois.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your note gives me hope that we, too, will someday be ready to move forward again.
Lori Ware

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I’ve been working a lot, on the computer late into the evenings and just read your entry. Like most of your readers, you’ve given me the support and hope I’ve needed to get thru the last two years. This October will be the second anniversary of Robins leaving me. Yeah, fall..
Thank you, thru your blog I’ve met a wonderful woman who I’ve grown to know, only on line so far, and I think she too is ready to wear that red dress again. I’m hoping your line about throwing yourself in will do the trick.
It’s a beautiful time in Southern Cal now, my beautiful plumeria are blooming and we’re just getting that cooling down for fall. Life is good.
I’m sure just over that sand dune you’ll find life again
Count me as a friend and I hope you keep writing
Me Ke Aloha, Orchids are nice too.
Tony

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home