Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Blog Break

Am taking a brief blog break to tend to some family business, work business, off to college business, and vacation business somewhere where there won't be internet access unless I go to the public library which certainly will not be open at the time I usually write! I will be away on August 31, the one year anniversary. Maybe that is a good thing. We were away for the first Christmas without Lou. Some firsts are just too hard to face. When I return, I will be an empty nester, for real. My 18 yr. old son/roommate will be ensconced at college. Another chapter will begin. Another autumn, without Lou. Forever is such a long long time. Perhaps a break will help. See you in September my friends.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

My friend have a restful break. It sounds as if their are new beginnings once again. Will be thinking of you and awaiting your return. Until then prayers and love.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I hope you enjoy your "blog break" It will be good for you but I will be anticipating your return.

I am planning to take Dan to Chicago in October. I am hoping to meet you then.

My son is heading to Navy Basic Training at Great Lakes on October 10th. I won't see him there obviously - but it will be nice knowing I am physically close -- silly Mom thing, I know. But we have been planning to visit Chicago anyway so that will be a good time since I will want to get out of the house because I will be missing him terribly, I am sure.
I will talk to you in September.
Enjoy...
Love, Lisa Kidd

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy..... you deserve a break. Time to reflect on all thats happened. Time to just be
..... you will come back renewed!
I enjoy reading your blog..... it is not boring to me at all. We need to hear the reality of this illness. It is good for you and us. Dont ever doubt that. If someone thinks your writing is boring than it is not for them. If you need to put a new spin it.... great! It will be that much better.

Enjoy your break.... Lov, Colleen W/o Tim Anaplastic Oligo gr3.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

missing you
'chelle
country mouse
www.daveshell.blogspot.com

2:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's the 31st.
Sending hugs.
Remembering always.
Love, Chelle

3:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cathy,

Enjoy a well-desevered vacation - and remember, not too many tears when you drop your son off at school!

I'm thinking of you and the boys one year later as you head into the "new year".

Take care,
Deb Wright

11:57 AM  
Blogger buddyclark said...

A day late but I am thinking of you one year later. Now, yet another good bye and yet another chapter in your life. Draw strength from everything good around you. Walla Walla loves you Cathy.

Sue

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home