Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another list that isn't a list

I'm still amazed by how alone you can feel while living in the middle of a big busy city. It's saturday night. Can you tell. Maybe if the Cubs won I wouldn't be feeling so lonely. At times like this I have to remind myself: TOP THEN THINGS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR TODAY (I so wish I knew how to do html so this would appear like the list IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!). 1. Girlfriends who spend the night and drink champagne. 2. A really really good book that you can't put down and then when you do put it down, you can't forget it. Read it: "A Thousand Splendid Suns". I want to read it again. Now. And I just finished it. 3. Music. Instant mood changer. 4. Hitting the ball down the middle of the fairway. It can happen. 5. A drop in the humidity. We can breathe again and it wasn't a bad hair day. 6. Gelato for dinner. 7. Gelato just about any time. 8. Son #1's safe return with all his laundry. 9. IMing. Sometimes. 10. Tomorrow's another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

All ten items are good things. . . keep looking for the good; it makes our days better.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,
I stumbled upon your blog earlier this evening. Found your site on a comment you left for Antique Mommy.
I have read every entry you have made through tons of tears and kleenex. I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost the best friend I havve ever had, last month. She died of brain cancer as well. I still have not come out of the stupor this leaves us with. We had only known each other for 9 years, but she was much more of a sister to me than a friend.
Your blog has been saved to my "Favorites." I will continue to read and will pray that life will get easier for you as the days go on.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home