Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

What matters

The sun shone so brightly today and the sky was so blue. Perfect. It was a perfect day. The Cubs are winning and none of it matters. It really doesn't matter at all. What matters is that this is my niece, on her 36th birthday just a week or so ago, with her two sweet little girls. What matters is that she has breast cancer. What matters is that she just started her treatments and is not feeling well, at all. On this glorious fall day, she is not feeling well. Please pray for her. Please pray that she can stay strong throughout the treatment. Prayers matter. Your prayers matter. Thank you so very much.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

My heart breaks for your niece and her young girls and for you Cathy because I know how much you love her. Walla Walla is strong in prayer so please please know we are praying for her.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, My thoughts and prayers are with your neice and her family as they start their journey with the treatment of this cancer. I know with your support they will come through this with much growth and strength to face what is ahead. Positive energy going your way. Stay Strong ,Michele

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right..there are only a few things that really matter. Praying for her as if she were my own...

angela conklin
a friend thru your entries in NC

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many prayers on the way!

Cindy
Virginia

2:31 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Cathy:

How hard, to start this journey again with another person you love so dearly. But how good for them that you are there -- will be there -- because you know how much just being present with someone truly is.

So many thoughts and prayers and hugs and well wishes are coming to all of you now, and especially to your niece. Always with you,

Claudia

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will think of her every day. Prayers are on the way.

5:45 PM  
Blogger The Kitchen said...

Prayers from Texas too!!
xoxoxo,
t

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know we haven't met, but I wanted to share my prayers for your niece and for your family. I came across your blog because I am a 33-year old that has brain cancer. I am a wife to a wonderful man, and a mother of 2 fantastic boys (4 and 1). I had my surgery 8 weeks ago, and now I start radiation soon. I know God is watching over us as we go through this journey, just as He has been with you all through your family's journey. Lou sounds like he was an amazing man, father, and husband. I will be praying for your niece as well - my close friend is 30 and battling breast cancer (we call each other our surgery sisters!). Thanks for letting me post - Cathy, your words and faith are beyond inspiration and are a reminder to me of what it means to be strong. Love and prayers, Jen (grade 2 oligodendroglioma)

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As always, you and your family is in my heart and in my prayers.

Brad Kessler

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, I am sorry your niece has to go through this. I know you will be with her all the way.
Hugs and prayers to you and to her family.
Lois

10:37 PM  
Blogger jc said...

I will pray tonight for your niece and her familly as she were my wife. I lost my wife 4 and a half years ago after a cancer. I have a small daughter 11 years old.
Juan C., Spain

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home