Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Story Continues

There is yet another installment to the "fur story". I thought it was over, not so! If you don't know the "fur story", you might want to go back to read the post about "Brrr Furrr", and "The Rest Of The Story", then you will understand how the story continues, today's topic. You will recall there was an older greek man involved in the fur story. I have not seen this man for two years. Not since MY greek guy bought the fur from him for my Christmas gift two years ago. Rather, I bought the fur, Lou gave it to me. That's all explained in the previous posts. Anyway, last winter, I looked for the man in the store he was working in when we bought the fur the year before. He told me he comes to Chicago to work for a few months in winter, his specialty is selling furs I guess. Why he would come to CHICAGO, in WINTER, from GREECE, is beyond me, tho if you want to sell furs, I guess this would be the place. I didn't see him last winter. This year, when I went to pick up the OLD FUR, the one that had NOT been traded in as I thought, I asked about him. No one knew where he was. They thought he went to Florida or something. Today, I cut through Lord & Taylor on my way home. Lord & Taylor is closing here, and EVERYTHING is on sale, EVERYTHING MUST GO!! I thought I may as well check out what was "going" to see if anything MUST GO with ME. As I was picking through the costume jewelry, a gentleman came up to me, took my hand, and said hello. I didn't recognize him at first, but it was the older greek guy, the fur salesman. He remembered me, and Lou. He asked about Lou. Before I could tell him, he knew. He gave me a big hug. He offered to buy me lunch anytime. He's doing the fur close out at Lord & Taylor, natch. It's right next to the jewelry counter. He still lives in Greece. I told him I had my old coat redone, the one he told me to sell back. He laughed. He acted surprised. I still wonder if he did that on purpose, if he really DIDN'T resell the coat. Seeing him closed the loop on the story. Strange, isn't it? He just sort of floated into my sphere today. And back out. A message from Lou ? Aha, so THAT'S it, LOU WANTS ME TO BUY ANOTHER FUR !!! I don't think so. I don't think that's it. I don't think it's anything. It's just a random connection, but a random connection to my Lou. And yet another reminder of everything he did for me. How sick he was, and how he still was Lou. I really miss him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Oh another story that bring warm tears to my eyes. From the bottom of my heart Cathy I believe that was "Lou" checking in on you and making sure you were ok and giving you a hug today. Wow . . . is all I can say.

7:40 PM  
Blogger The Kitchen said...

Ditto exactly what Sue said!!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cathy you don't know me. I mean you know my name you know I know Michelle, I write to you but if you really knew me you would know that was to unreal. I really want to know deep down what that means. The first two time you wrote about the furs was really neat what a great story. This one is even better. Who is that man, why did he pop up again, you walked through just to look. It is a wonderful story and I think he knew (somehow) from the first time you and Lou went in what he was doing. He did have something to do with the fur you traded in. Lou is there somewhere in this story. What a feel good story.
God Bless You Cathy

2:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing...those little connections, from someplace far away, somehow, our guys are still looking out for us, like story of Zach, being out of lunch money, and the lunch lady telling him...hey, there's money in Dave's account...they are still reaching out to reassure us that the connection is eternal, that love never, never dies.

I love you, Cath. Beyond words, I love you.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever wonder if one of God's angels could appear in the form of a Greek fur peddler?

Lori Ware

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home