Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

6 Months

It's been six months now. February is a short month, it would have been six months on the 31st. Seems so long ago. It was summer then. A different world, a different life. As awful as it was, I wish I were back in that world, that life. I would do it all again. All of it. The treks to the hospital and back. The weekly blood tests, holding his hand during all the MRIs, the physical therapy, the endless research and questionning, the constant running to the pharmacy, the medication schedules, the stumbles, the falls, answering the same questions over and over and over, walkers and wheelchairs, helping him do everyday things you never thought you'd ever have to do, creating the alter world we lived in. The tears, the rivers of tears. Whispering prayers. The hugs. The mornings, hiding, together, from the day. Watching tv. Listening to music. His favorite ice cream. The sun setting on the skyline. The dusk drifting over the lake. The fleeting moments of complete lucidness and the expansive discussions that could go nowhere,ultimately disappearing,never to return. I'd do it again in an instant. To have him here, yes, I'd do it all again.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning,
I would too.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy---
Your love so strong, your love so real, your love so true. . . .I wish you could do it all over again.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy....to have Kirby here, I would do it all over again too...in fact, I could do it forever....just to have him by my side.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home