Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Venting Today

I'm doing everything I am "supposed" to be doing to help myself get through this. I have lots of wonderful friends and family. I have work to do. I have causes to help. I have books to read and places to go. I KNOW what to do, or what they "say" to do, to get through this. I AM doing it. But it isn't working. It isn't working at all. It LOOKS like it is working, to everyone else. But it isn't. It isn't at all. The fact is, it's empty. And lonely. And seems without purpose. I need another message from Lou. Maybe that will help.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Hang in there Cathy! You can make it, you can. Thinking and praying for you.

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy, I've never posted on your blog although I read every one of your inspirational, wise and loving entries. I clicked on Sue's comment and found this quote with which you might identify:

It is from a book titled "Raising Cole" written by Marc Pittman
who lost his 21 year old son in an automobile accident.
He writes about his grief:

"How we handle pain determines whom we become.
For me there was only one approach: Meet the pain head on. Don't duck it. Embrace it. Drown in it. Let
it smother you until you can smother it. Coping with death, to me, is all about remembering love. I don't worry about the pain. I'll worry if I ever stop feeling the pain."

I like the line "Coping with death is about remembering the love"
I wish one could remember without the pain. Big hug, dear Cathy,
Ursula

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy....I know you said I should refrain from reading these for a while....until I was stronger....but of course I am drawn to your "journey"....looking for answers for myself I guess...I really liked what Ursula said about "how to handle pain...by remembering love"....I pray that some day the love will overshadow the pain...

Hugs to you from here in Maine,
Sharon

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cath,
Just a note...
I love the stories about the coats, and the Valentine...
truly, you are surrounded by Lou's love.

I realize, small consolation, when you want to be surrounded by his arms.

Sending love. That's all.
Chelle

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home