Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Naptime

As I was saying, time for a new car. I went car shopping today. Not my idea of a good time. In the middle of car shopping, I got a $120 ticket for an expired city sticker. It expired LAST JUNE. How did I miss that? Why didn't I catch it? Why didn't some other cop give me a ticket sooner, instead of today, a gloomy, gray day, in the middle of car shopping? OK, maybe, just maybe, I had something fairly MAJOR going on back then, true. But I should have noticed it by NOW for gosh sakes. It costs $75 for a new one, plus a late fee of $40. I'd have the $75 expense either way, but now I'm down $160 for this little outing. And, it will be time for a new one in June again. I had to take a nap when I got home. It's the only way to deal with such things. I just absolutely HATE not having someone to share days like this with. Of course, if Lou were here, this would not have happened. The car was his responsibility, and he was always on top of things. But so was I, for the most part. I functioned better with Lou, even when he was sick. Now, I drift. And flounder. And miss things. Like city stickers. And, Lou. Most of all, of course, Lou.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Cathy you did have something going on at that time. I know how it makes us mad when we miss things like that. You have every right to miss it this last year. You always have us to share these things with. It is different yes but we are all here for you. Back a few years when something changed in my life I remember saying "It will never be the same" we got a few laughs from that because we agreed it won't be the same, won't be good or bad just won't be the same. Nothing ever is.
Prayers to you Cathy.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy -- BUSY? What an understatement that is. Of course you were busy and now you are grieving the loss of "sweet lou." Another "Lesson From Lou" Cathy renew those liceses! You will be able to share this story with grandchildren some day and laugh. Hope you found some leads on a new car during this whole ordeal besides just losing money. Stay in bed as long as you want and keep the fight up!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, CathyB, you did indeed have more important things going on last year. Garth takes care of all the car stuff too - like Lou. I like it that way - makes me feel secure about things. I know you are going to miss your car - the family car. Touching story from a very brave and strong woman. You continue to be an inspiration to me.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home