Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

An Early Valentine

I'm sort of a nut about valentine's day. Maybe it has to do with loving the color red. Or maybe it's remembering carrying home a shoebox full of valentines in grade school, hurrying home in the cold, crisp Michigan weather, to open them up, one by one. I love homemade valentines of course. I love valentine treats. I love giving valentines. It's just a fun holiday. Nothing heavy. Even though without your beloved it is a bit sad, it can still be fun. So today, I put my valentines books out. It's February afterall. Just silly Peanuts and Snoopy books and a few others from when the kids were young. And inside one of them was a note that must have been sent with flowers, from Lou. Must have been from a Valentines Day past. A simple note that made me catch my breath. "Love you always and forever". An early valentine, from Lou. It made me happy, actually. Like he had just sent it from heaven. I'll have to open it again on Valentine's day and try to surprise myself. That's the hard part.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I know it was sent from heaven and just when you needed it!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post warmed my heart. Lou is keeping his promise of "forever and ever"! How wonderful to be loved like that -- even beyond the here and now!

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He does Love you and Always will... i hope that the rest of your days come with little suprises from Lou until the day he welcomes you into the Gates of Heaven..

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home