Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Date Night

I've written about this before, how much I always used to look forward to fridays. Back in the old days, the BBT days (Before Brain Tumor). We tried NOT to go out on fridays. I always really looked forward to the end of the week, spending time with my guy. I still looked forward to fridays, even when Lou was sick and our world was so different. There's something about fridays. And, I've written about this, too, that now, fridays are hard. Now they signal the start of the weekend, long days that must be filled. Yes, I fill them, I've learned to. Tonight I saw dear friends for dinner and had a great time. I'm so glad they called! I left the restaurant feeling good, and the weather was very mild, so I decided to walk awhile. On my way home, I passed a few bars and restaurants. Inside, couples on dates, twosomes, foursomes. Date night. I wanted to stop and ask them if they knew how lucky they were. I oftentimes want to stop couples and ask them that question. Of course, I don't. What a crazy lady. I walked on. And soon returned home, to my kitties. You know what? I'm lucky too. I've had a great love. And I DO know how lucky that is. No one needs to ask ME that question. That was a big lesson I got from Lou. I hope you get it, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home