Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thanks

Remember when Sally Fields won the Oscar and gushed "You LIKE me, you really LIKE me". I sort of feel that way ... someone IS reading this, WOW ! Just wanted to say thanks for the comments of late. Guess my prodding helped, huh? It helps. It helps to know someone is out there. Someone is reading this. Someone else cares. Thank you. I really don't like the way these things are set up, I can't just click on the comment and respond to you, you know. Maybe I can and I just haven't figured it out. That's more like it. Anyway,if you do not hear from me, it means nothing. Just know that I appreciate that you visit this space. As long as you are reading, I'll keep writing. On another note, I think poor Lou is probably quite glad he was NOT here for this day after election day.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to smile at your comment ... last night when Nancy Pelosi was on TV I said to Olivia ... "It's good Daddy's not here to see this ... he could not stand this woman!" He met her at a fund raiser (for her) and instantly decided he didn't like her, to him she was everything a female politician shouldn't be.

Enough said!

Love to you all ...

cheri

7:27 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

No need to say thank you, no need to email just good to know that you enjoy the response to your though provoking journals. Much love and prayers my friend.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy I really enjoy your writting. I don't always respond but I don't miss a one. Maybe I don't miss one is because I check in everyday. Keep up the writting and I will keep up the checking.
Prayers for you from Walla Walla

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only commented a time or two but I like to think of you taking the time to read. I've found as time goes by friends, even good friends, get on with their lives and leave you with the loneliness.
Thank you

12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dearest one,
I, too, struggle with whether to keep writing or not. It's a lonely feeling when it seems like you're talking to yourself. :-) I check on you every time I get to the computer, and you are in my thoughts every day, every night. I wonder if Fred and Lou and Dave are up there, having found each other like you and Cheri and I have found each other. Makes me smile. Much love to you.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy,
I am so glad you are writing. Keep it up...I also was very despondant after the election results came in...I could go on and on. Mike would be cheering (he very well may be cheering) and I am pouting...but if we all work together, etc.
Keep posting, we all keep reading and keep each other in our thoughts and prayers.
Love to all,
Lois

2:39 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Dearest Cathy:

Add me to the list of faithful readers, sorrowful friends, and widows [like you I hate that word!] who read your entries every day. Sometimes I go back and re-read old entries, too, as well as the most recent things! Maybe Rob has joined up with Dave, Fred and Lou, just as Michelle says we have found each other. At any rate, I am grateful that we are joined in this journey, sad as I am -- we are -- for the reasons that brought us together.

Always, Claudia

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In order to respond to someones comment, if it is "blue" you can click on that it will take you to their blogspot, and then you can click on their email their. Just thought it might help.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home