Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Do you hear what I hear?

I heard a sound I have not heard in a long, long time this morning. It was a whistle. It was Damon, whistling. Damon used to ALWAYS whistle, even in the morning. Just like his dad (and my dad, too, by the way). This from the guy who has 3 tests today and 3 college applications due tomorrow. He was whistling. Such a sweet, wonderful sound. Thank you, Damon. You made my day!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy, that is so good to hear. I can see a smile on your face as you write that. Hope you have a good day.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy, I too felt a brightness and smile when I read this....I hope thru all the ups and downs you will find the 'up' days will once again become more frequent....my thoughts are always with you.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy -- a happy moment has broken through; I am so happy for you. I hope they are filled by many more. Just beware! Happy Halloween . . . .

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! I've been reading your website since I heard about it at Lou's funeral. It's a wonderful thing, don't stop writing whatever you do.
Tony has always said wonderful things about Lou, I really really wish I would have been able to know him the way Tony did. His passing was so hard on him, and I think it always will be. Lou was always larger than life to him, more or less a god in his eyes.
If you, Damon, or Drew should ever need anything, anything at all please let us know and we will be there for you

4:22 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I know you wrote about this some time ago, but when Rob was so ill, he said the worst thing that happened, in his opinion, was that I stopped singing around the house. My constant singing had, I thought, always really bugged him...which it did, until it stopped. Then he missed it BEFORE I did -- and MORE than I did.

I have been singing in the church choir again since I came back to Waxahachie,but my voice has really lost a lot of its range and melodic quality in the past 2 and a half years. It is difficult not to hear the same voice I have always had, but I hope if I keep singing, it will come back. I miss it, but most of all, I miss the glad heart that always had a song in it. I don't know how long it may take that to come back... if it ever will. Maybe I need to take a page from Damon's book and just whistle!

Love,
Claudia

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home