Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Let There Be Light

A month ago, I truly thought there was NO WAY that Damon could rally to get four college applications out the door by November 1, no way. A month ago, we were operating in a deep fog. A month ago, there was more anger and sadness. A month ago, life seemed overwhelming. Last night, as Damon hit the "submit" button for his applications, I was overcome with pride, tinged with a bit of sadness too. Pride, in that he was able to prevail in this difficult time. Pride ,in all he has accomplished these last few years, inspite of the deep, dark, burdens he has carried. Pride that he is my son. Sad that he has to check "deceased" for his dad. How I hate that word, too. As much as I hate "widow". Sad ,that Lou is not here to share in these accomplishments. He, too, would be so proud of Damon. Yet, I know he is. And, he was smiling as Damon hit "submit", I know he was, I felt it. It's November. It's blustery, darker, and everything November is supposed to be. But I see a sliver of light beginning to enter our home. It is hopeful. Life does go on, doesn't it? Damon WILL go to college. And, we WILL get through this. I'm ever so grateful for that sliver of light.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My children, adults, but still my children have given the most hope. they are the reason life will get better again.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy
I am so glad you can finally see that "life goes on." Damon will survive he has no option and after all he is "Lou's" son and Lou was a fighter. You are all doing fine in this terrible worldwind you were thrown into. Grief is a "Hugh" word I have learned. Keep looking for the "Sunshine" moments. Prayers and love always.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home