Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Stumbling blocks

Last night.....late.....watching tv.......with Lou......settling in......he says, out of the blue...."what is the biggest stumbling block you face to having true happiness"..........HUH??? ..... hmmmm.....well let's see....could it possibly be the fact that you have a BRAIN TUMOR???????????? I don't say that of course. I say.... "well....hmmmm....I'm not really sure......I mean, I"m pretty happy you know.........what about you.....what is the biggest stumbling block to your true happiness, Lou" ???? And he thinks.....and he says....."well, I've been thinking about that. And well, I don't have one, I'm really happy right now, you know? " Excuse me , I'm thinking.....WHAT did you say????? He goes on to say...."would you agree this is a pretty good time for us .....? " Uh huh....yep, I sure would I say...........great time for us, you sure are right about that. Couldn't be better. And he says..."there is no reason this cannot be the best time ever for us"........right, no reason at all, none.....uh huh........and then he says........."where are we?...... are we in our apartment?"...........there it is.....that darn stumbling block, staring me right in the face.......can't get away from it for long......it's ok......he's happy....he feels happy.....somehow, he feels happy....no stumbling block for Lou. Guess there's a lesson in there somewhere.......right? Happy Mother's Day!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Cathy, I feel that these moments of "Lou-cidity" must be hard for you, because they are so arbitrary in their appearence, and over so quickly. But thank you for sharing them, because it brings your darling Lou alive to me.
--Emily

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy ... again, your words speak straight to my heart.

9:45 PM  
Blogger legacycrafter said...

Hi Cathy,
I've finally put my Lessons from Lou bookmark where I will get to it. I do miss reading your emails though.
Love you.
Ceci

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy - Lou is happy. How wonderful that is for him, delight in it for his sake. Enjoy his lucid moments as best you can...

Love, Toni.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home