Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Mondays

It can certainly be hard to get started these days. The reason I have a hard time getting out of bed is the reverse of the reason why I have a hard time GOING to bed....when asleep, there is no brain tumor.....so I like to hang on to those moments...and to Lou...the Lou with the sleeping brain tumor...the Lou without questions..sometimes I think he will just wake up and be his old self and this will all have been a dream...but then he does wake up, and says .."what day is it...why am I not at the office"...and I know....nothing has changed...the day has begun...much as every day begins for Lou...with a question mark. I keep going...because HE keeps going...if Lou can get up and face the day, when every day is the same for him, when he does not know how many days have gone by...then I can face the day too. I don't know how he does it....but I'm awfully glad he does.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home