Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

After Midnight

Based on the overwhelming response to my first post yesterday, I am back! It's late...or rather, early morning. Lou used to say "nothing good happens after midnight"....in reference to teenage sons who might be inclined to break curfew. He was right about that a few times. But now.....now.....after midnight is different..better....there are no questions.....there is no confusion.....quiet.....peaceful. People wonder why I stay up so late....what am I doing.....I think I stay up late because it's normal now....there is no brain tumor now...its asleep.....and I can look at Lou.....and he is LOU.....my Lou.....our Lou...there is no questioning look on his face, there is no worry. After midnight, it's the way it used to be.....to go to bed... brings morning......and morning brings questions and confusion........now you know why I stay up at night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home