Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Prayers, please

As I write this, a dear man with a wife and four young children, is losing his battle with brain cancer. As I write this, another man with young children just lost his battle. As I write this, my dear friend Michelle's son is collecting ink cartridges to raise money for brain cancer research, because he lost his dad to it. As I write this, another dear friend, Cheri, is cleaning out her husband's closet, because he has been gone two months now. And it goes on and on and on, it never stops. A new person enters our online support group, and two pass on. I'm a "veteran" now at 19 months....pitiful. Tonight, I ache. I ache for all the children who have lost or are losing, a parent to this disease. I ache for all the wives who are losing or have lost their husbands, and husbands who have lost or are losing their wives. And parents of young children...BABIES who are fighting brain cancer. Please pray for all brain tumor patients. Please pray that a cure is found, soon. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Cathy
After a prayer alert from Michelle yesterday afternoon my heart and prayers turned directly to the Terry Family and their present struggle. However, as I was praying and meditating I too thought of so many of you who's significant other has lost their battle or is in the process of a losing battle. My heart is very sad. Like I told Michelle it has to bring to the surface all this pain over and over again and to you dear Cathy it must bring fear for the future. Lets hope Kenny and all his friends raise so many ink cartridges that they soon find a cure. . . . . we have someone in our own office just walking this path and it is so sad . . .so sad.
My prayers and love to you.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dad died may 23rd. from a brain tumor. Thank for thinking of us.

Katie

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home