Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Sense of Spring

It could be coming. It will be coming. Afterall, daylight savings time is coming, so spring has to be coming...at some point. I could smell it today. The air was just ever so slightly fuller, warmer smelling in some way. When he was little, Drew used to say "it smells like baseball" when spring arrived. It doesn't quite smell like baseball yet, but it's coming. I could see it, in the sun that set later than usual, such a welcoming sight, walking home from yoga in the twilight, not darkness. I could feel it, the air was not as frigid as it has been. It was almost balmy, somewhere near the 40s probably. We hardly have spring here in Chicago, we tend to go from winter to summer, with a few days inbetween. Spring to us is melting snow, gloveless hands, open coats and smiles. Brief, but so appreciated. It's on it's way. It could be a month, or longer, but it's out there. With all it's hope and goodness, waiting. This spring, I am so much stronger than last. And the one before that. And the one before that. Through all the gray, damp, and cold winter days, I've grown. Changed. Bent by the winds. But not broken. No. Blossomed. Not broken. Hurry, spring.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPRING IS HERE IN OUR AREA TOO. IT FEELS SO GOOD--THE SENSES PICK UP ON THE SMELL, THE WARMTH--AND PEOPLE ACT DIFFERENTLY. IF SPRING IS A FEELING--IT FEELS LIKE HOPE. AND I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO IS ALSO HAPPY THAT WE'LL CONTINUE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Kitchen said...

Keep blooming and growing, Dearest!
XOXOXO,
T

10:52 AM  
Blogger Pete from Ohio said...

Spring is definitely not here in Ohio! 10 inches of snow, deeper drifts, more coming! Send in Spring.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh Spring is in the air one day and the next winter is back . . .kind of like life. May Spring fill your days my friend.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home