Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Allnighter

It's been a long time since I've "pulled an allnighter". But, here I am. Getting awfully close to pulling an allnighter. Just a few more hours. It's work related. In a good way. Been a long time since work has kept me up all night. Guess that's a good thing. It's a good thing that there is work to do. It's a good thing that the work is so involving. Because when it is this involving it takes my mind off things. THOSE things. LOU things. When I'm all wrapped up like this, I don't think about him every five minutes. I don't see him in my mind as much. I don't wonder what it was like, what he thought, what he felt. So, this is a good thing, huh. So, all I have to do is work non stop and those thoughts will stop. Wow, what a concept. I think I'll go sleep on it. For a few hours. A cat nap. I'm too old for this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found that I struggle more with my grief when I get overtired. Please be careful that the all-nighters do not become a habit, my friend.
Praying for you,
Lori

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home