Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tired

It's been a very long week, hasn't it. Very long. Let's see.... storms out east, the Imus mess, mom went home after three weeks here, a friend's cousin has a brain tumor and needs help, my allergies or something are acting up, last parent teacher conference (yes, even THAT makes me sad), tax day, and, Virginia Tech. Especially, Virginia Tech. If anything, I look at what has happened there and I realize, my problems are small, really, in comparison. To lose a child, in that manner, I don't know how one would ever recover from that. Ever. THIS is hard enough. This, losing your beloved as we did, is hard enough. But THAT, I cannot imagine. I'm very tired today. I slept for twelve hours and I am still tired. I'm sure it's the allergies. But I'm just tired. It's sunny and gorgeous, and I'm tired. Its the kind of day I used to force my family out, out to bike ride or to the park, or rollerblading or whatever. Sometimes I think I have not yet fully caught up on my rest from all we went through with Lou. It took it's toll, that is for sure. Physically and emotionally. Its a very deep kind of tired that I've never experienced before. I do everything everyone tells me to do to help myself feel better. But I'm still tired. So very tired. It's not the way I WANT to be. It's just the way I AM, right now. I leave friends in a lurch, I'm late for everything, I'm not all there, wherever "there" is supposed to be. I'm nowhere, really. Neither here, nor there. Half in, half out. I guess it comes with the territory. I'm off to do what I'm supposed to do to help myself feel better, I'm taking a walk in the sun. Let's see if it helps.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Cathy, I understand your tiredness. It's not just your body that's tired, it's your soul. We're in the final days with Matt. He's in a beautiful hospice facility and we spend all our time there with him. I know I won't ever be the same, but I hope I will be able to connect with the world in a positive way like you continue to do. Your blogs comfort and inspire me...
Love, Lori Ware

9:46 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy . . .
I understand the tiredenss not in the same way as you because we all make our own journey. Lori is right it is your soul that is tired and torn and needs lots of healing and patience. Lori, I will pray for you as your journey through the last days with Matt. My father was in a beautiful hospice facility almost 2 years ago this May 4th and they are wonderful facilities and wonderful people. When the end comes they will be there with you as much or as little as you would like. Cathy and Lori take care of your souls.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cuz,

I was so happy to receive the email to support Brain Tumor Foundation...yes a worthwhile cause. I have enjoyed reading all your blogs about your family and especially about Lou. You were truly blessed to have a wonderful husband like him. I feel so sad that your heart is so broken with his loss....I pray that someday your sadness will turn to warm wonderful memories of this man you loved. All my love and best wishes to you and the boys...Jan

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home