Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Morning Madness

I woke up way too late today. I stayed up way too late last night (or rather, this morning). Reading. It was a bad wake up. Damon came in my room , I told him to wake me when I oversleep on the weekends. I was in a very deep sleep, having a very bad dream. So I am glad Damon woke me up to get me out of it, but it stays with me still. In my dream, Lou was dying. He was dying of pneumonia though, and I was very distraught because somehow, it was "my fault". And everyone was telling me that. And Lou was very distressed. Bad dream, bad bad dream. I was hugging Lou's pillow when I woke up. I still feel unsettled. What a way to start the day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you hate those dreams that follow you into the daylight! Hoping that today you were followed by a happy one!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

It sounds horrible Cathy! I hope that last night brought you a more relaxed sleep; no bad dreams. I think when you are startled awake it follows you all day; it changes the tone of the day; it changes the way you look at the day. Sweet Dreams is what Lou would want for you . . . .

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate dreams that I just can't forget. Hope you are having a better morning. What kind of car did you end up buying?

Cindy, Virginia

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the rough morning and the bad dreams.. hopefully there wont be any of those tonight..
Jenn.

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you sleep better soon!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home