Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Slow Dancing Alone

One thing I really can't seem to address is what to do when I have the urge to slow dance. It comes over me at the strangest times. Usually, I am alone, like now. I'll be listening to music, trying to get some things done , paperwork etc. I'll have my music on. I can't always avoid listening to my romantic stuff. I can't always listen to my "up" stuff. Sometimes, you just want soft and quiet. Alot of that happens to be romantic in my collection. Slow dancing stuff. Lou was such a great dancer. The last time we slow danced was in our kitchen on new years eve, 2005. I had some great Frank Sinatra blasting away and he up and took me for a spin (well, not EXACTLY a spin, but close enough). My mom was nearby watching. She said it really made her happy to watch us. It didn't last too long, he wasn't all that strong at that point. I kind of knew in my heart that we might not slow dance again. We didn't. Now I close my eyes and try to bring that moment back. I try to feel his arms around me, and to smell his cologne. It's very hard to slow dance alone. It really doesn't work at all. The cats don't work either. Soon, I get over it. I change the tune and move on. There's always another tune to play. Not another Lou though. Never another Lou.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Cathy
I know you feel alone, so alone, but remember those friends and family close and not so close and those who you have never met and then maybe some of that alone time will be better. I know their is not a sole that can replace your Lou but we pray for you and think of you often. Lou may not be there in body but his soul is alive and his spirit is with you so as you dance around the room alone just close your eyes and feel the warmth; the warmth of Lou's soul and the love of his spirt. Keep warm . . . .Summer is making its way to Chicago.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home