Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Cathy's Car

The car has found me. Rather, the dealer has found our car. And we are getting it, soon. 24 years with our current car. Yes, I wrote about this before (see previous post, somewhere, entitled "It's Just A Car"). 24 years is a LONG LONG time. We were married 25 years. That car IS Lou. And our life, together. Giving it up is very very hard. And I don't really like it all that much. It's way too big. But this is the first change I have made since Lou died. OK, I changed the comforter on the bed, but that hardly counts. This is HUGE. It's a noticeable change, not like changing the comforter. But, it's a necessity, nothing lasts forever. Not things, anyway. Love, now THAT lasts forever. Or should, anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

The new car will be ok in time Cathy . . . I remember when my mom traded her old car in for something new after "Our Lou" died. It was one of the hardest moments she experienced leaving that old car in the lot and driving home in something new. She loves it now but then well lets say she was thinking alot like you right now. Hang in there and enjoy it Cathy.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home