Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Signs of Spring

You have to really look hard for them. It's 30 degrees, windy, and snow is predicted for next week. The Sox canceled their game last night, how's that for a sign of spring? But I did see a sign today, just when I needed it most. It was a rough day. We went to the cemetary for the first time since the day Lou was buried, way back on an indian summer day in early September. It's a three hour drive there. Not the most fun way to spend a Saturday. I had to go, our anniversary is this week. I had to leave my one red rose for him, I had to. And, his stone is in. We needed to see it. I wasn't prepared for the effect that would have on me. Seeing his name on the stone. I hated it. It hurt so much. I wanted so badly to hug him. It was so cold out there, and gray. Miserable. But, when it came time to leave, I noticed the sun broke through the clouds, just a BIT. And there was a small patch of blue. When we got to the car, I saw a robin in the grass. As we drove off, another robin had joined the first. A pair. A sign of spring. Or a sign from Lou. Either way, it lifted my spirits, for a moment. The sun didn't stay out for long. Soon, it was overcast again. Spring, like so many special things in life, can be fleeting.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Kitchen said...

Cathy, what a hard trip that must have been for you. Big hug to you!
t

12:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Huge hugs, love and prayers. A not so good visit I am sure but if you didn't go you would have missed those signs of Lou. They are lurking when you most need them.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home