Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kooza!

Had the pleasure of seeing Cirque De Soleil, Kooza tonight. It is magical and wonderful and awesome and and why was I the only one in tears at the end? I think it has to do with being left, alone, in the dark...one lone clown character, wistfully letting his kite go... up, into the darkness...one shining light.....gone. And I cried. Lou would have loved this show, he would have. And, I think he would have cried, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan at Stony River said...

That sounds like an amazing moment...and one that would move anyone who has deeply loved before having to let go.

Now that you mention being the only one however...I have to admit that I often hide my tears in a theatre or cinema.

Good grief--now I'm wondering WHY? I can't think of a single reason. Maybe next time, I'll remember your post, and just let the tears go. Live the moment.

Thanks :-)

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home