Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Lou!

June is a bit difficult, there's Father's Day, and then there is Lou's birthday. Today. Last year, we had our first "Founder's Day" at the office. It was to be a tradition, to celebrate Lou's birthday. We went to lunch at his beloved Parthenon restaurant. This year, we have to postpone the outing, we are knee deep in preparation for an important meeting tomorrow. I'm unhappy we have to postpone, but I know Lou would want us preparing, of course! So, we are having a birthday cake, at least. Lou loved birthdays. He always made a big deal of them. I can remember one year he was unhappy with me because I didn't have a cake at home for one of the boys after we had already had a cake at a restaurant. No one in our house really even LIKES cake so I figured it was ok, but not to Lou. No, not to Lou. I had to run out and get some dumb frozen cake just to have it there. Happy Birthday, dear Lou. We miss you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pete from Ohio said...

Lori LOVED birthdays too. Always made a huge event out of it. She used to do that for me, and once we had the kids she was in heaven. Huge parties, huge celebrations with the family. It was your special day. I try to do that without her, but this year has been hard. Maybe in the years to come it will be easier and happier. Happy birthday Lou.

8:41 PM  
Blogger The Kitchen said...

Hi Cathy-
Just checking in to say hello and let you know I am thinking about you!!!

t

5:09 PM  
Blogger Leece said...

Hi - just found your blog sort of by accident. I was looking for articles about living as a widow and a few clicks later I found your blog and just sat and read, and read. Have to admit the tears are streaming right now and they haven't for a while. Ronnie died
2nd August 2006 - but like you said, the real person was gone at least 3 years before. You write beautifully, and I probably needed a good blub. Love and prayers. Lisa

4:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Cathy
A belated Birthday Wish to Fred's memory. Now my Dad is gone I always find a special cause to donate to in his memory for his birthday. Birthdays are special and I guess that feeling never ends even after one is gone.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home