Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Of all his many, many accomplishments, nothing compared to being a father, for him. He came to it at a relatively late age, perhaps he savored it all the more because of that. He loved "his guys", "his buddies", so very much. A fierce protector, giant hero, inspiration, mentor, teacher, sounding board, playmate, practical joker, moral compass and so much more. He still is. Thank you, Lou. For being the father you were. How lucky we were, and are. Happy Father's Day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Knapp said...

Such a beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing your journey. I think a lot of people will be able to learn from your open heart.

We just had our first Father's Day without my grandfather. And it surprised us all that it was a happy day. I think we expected to be sad, but instead we were full of memories of how much he loved us all and how proud he had been of all of us.

Glad to have found your blog.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT SEEMS YOU MAY BE THINKING OF ENDING YOUR BLOG BECAUSE YOU FEEL YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY. OH MY--I SURELY DO DIFFER WITH THAT. IT MAY SEEM SIMPLE OR LIKE NOTHING TO YOU--BUT IN THE SIMPLE LIES THE PROFOUND. I CONTINUE TO LEARN FROM YOU--AS I LEARN FROM EVERYONE IN MY LIFE. IF ONE OPINION COUNTS--YOU KNOW WHAT MINE IS. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY YOUR WORDS.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Father's Day takes on a whole new meaning when the father you are used to spending all your Father's Days with isn't there to share the day. I think it's a deeper meaning, a deeper appreciation, a deeper love. We went to dinner to celebrate Fred, and I plan to do it every year on Father's Day. He was, after all, an amazing father!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home