Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

My Roommate

Of course, he is my son. Not really my roommate. But he is, really, my roommate, now. It's been the two of us since September 1, 2006. My older son lives on his own, nearby, thankfully, but not here. We don't see him everyday. Just about though, he stops by just about every night, and I'm very grateful for that. But he's not my roommate. Son #2 , pictured here, is my roommate. And what a great roommate he is. The very best hugs ever. So big and cuddly. The sweetest smile. So easy going. He was always easy going. Laid back. Funny, in that dry, cool way. Does what he's supposed to do. Doesn't complain. Good grades. Great talent (he's a writer) . Good friend. Great son. Great roommate. Again, it is so clear that God orchestrates everything. I lost Lou, but I have two wonderful, amazing sons. That's pretty lucky, don't you agree? And, I had a roommate for one full year after Lou died. To get me through. To help me get used to this new life. He'll depart for college at the end of summer. Don't want to think about that. For now, I will think about fun things, like prom. See how handsome he is? And graduations, coming up this week. And parties. And summer. Sunny days and lovely nights. Trips and days off. My roommate, my son. I'm a lucky girl.

3 Comments:

Blogger kittyhox said...

Lovely lovely post. What a handsome guy! And what a cute prom photo!

I'm glad you'll have all summer with your roomie, before he heads off for college.

Two sons are always a gift, but they must become an even greater blessing to you now.

Bless you!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I am lucky enough to still have the love of my life however, my two beautiful daughters would serve that same purpose if it came to pass. Children are really a blessing from heaven. Enjoy every minute he has left at home. What a wonderful picture, enjoy the graduation and parties ahead this week.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

You are indeed blessed to have sons who are so good to you. What a cute prom picture too. I have a 4-year-old daughter and a 20-month-old son, and I can't believe that I was apprehensive about having a boy. They are so precious, aren't they?! My friend said it best, "I love my girl dearly, but I'm in love with my boy!"

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home