Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Hanging On

When I opened my email today, this was the daily blessing I received from a list I am on......... "When I despair, I remember that all through history, the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and, for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it...always." -Mahatma Ghandi.........the author who sends the quote/blessings goes on to say.... Often, when we are in the midst of turmoil, and all around us is spinning out of control, it is diffcult to believe the storms of life will ever pass. In such times as this, we can, it seems, do nothing but tie a knot in the end of our rope and hang on. And this is all we need to do. We need only to hang on to love, hang on to light and hang on to truth. For when the storm has passed -- and they always do -- these three will remain, as strong and certain and invincible as they have been since time began. As Ghandi said, love always wins.................. I am hanging on as tightly as I can.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that TRUE lovers travel through all of God's worlds together - hand in hand. You and Lou are TRULY lovers - in every sense of the word and beyond. This is such a transient place for us - a flash in the pan. Thank you for sharing so personally with us and know that my family, too, is holding yours and Lou's hands no matter what is happening.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The love you and Lou share is so real and no matter what Cathy nothing can take that away from you. Life can take so much as you well know but never the love and bond you and Lou have. Know I am here for you in thought and prayer and holding your hand from a distance.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Ghandi quote! This must be a day for finding encouragement in one's email...

Mine contained this scripture and it is perfect for me today:

Matthew 6:33-34 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

You've tied a good knot, Cathy... a knot made of love. Hang on tight!

Lori Ware

P.S. Love the pictures!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cath ... look closely because many of us are here to hold you up ... we will be there when holding on seems unbearable. Sending much love to you and the boys.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cathy, Lou,
Walking with you,
through the valley,
hoping you're taking each moment,
precious as oxygen,
drinking it in,
soaking it up,
storing these minutes in your heart,
forever.

love you...
chelle

PS. My inbox inspiration today:

"Nothing external has any power over you." Ralph Waldo Emerson

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home