Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our Fathers

Our fathers Who are, Or aren't, In heaven. Who are, Or aren’t, Here with us Today. We remember you, And love you. For all that you are, And all that you were. For lifting us up on your shoulders and carrying us high. For teaching us to dance with our feet on yours. For the smell of your aftershave lingering behind you. For your voice on the phone, no matter where you were. For playing catch, chess, cards and cigars. For holding us tight, For letting us go. Our fathers....... We thank you. We miss you, We love you. Sigh. He was a wonderful father.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are still on..
Jenn d/o martha

8:07 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh Cathy
I decided to visit after such a long absence from here. I am glad I didn't read this on father's day I would have been a bawling; I don't know what I mean here on a hot July day I was bawling reading it. Fathers they should live forever and ever and ever. At least they can't take the memories away from us.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous DB said...

Cathy, I just found your blog a few days ago. My wife has been fighting cancer for 5 1/2 years now. She has fought as hard as she can, but I fear the fight is almost over. Reading about Lou's fight...your fight...has been more than helpful. I think about what is to come and wonder if I can handle it. Seeing how you have is a blessing. DB

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home