Lessons from Lou

This blog is about my journey through the brain tumor world with my dear husband, Lou. While not a journey I would wish on even my worst enemy, it is a journey that has enlightened and awakened me to what lies within us, and around us, each and every moment of each and every day. There are lessons here....lessons in this journey.....lessons from Lou....that I would like to share with you.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois

Picture of Lou (sick) and I at a party, circa 2005, long ago and faraway. I'm now a middle aged widow, trying to get my life back together. Mother of two young adult sons, living with two adult cats.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Becoming a Blogger......

Why, you ask? For the past eighteen months, I have managed to keep my family and friends up to date on our life in the brain tumor world through my frequent missives. Most of the time, I get very positve feedback on these missives. Recently, on the occasion of our 25th wedding anniversary, and, coincidently, the 18 month anniversary since Lou's diagnosis, I created a list of "Lessons from Lou".......just for the fun of it. Seems people liked it....quite a bit actually...family, friends, and my extended family.....my brain tumor buddies. Hmmm.....ok.......maybe there is something in this.......could I maybe do more with it? We'll see, won't we? You tell me...... I'll leave it at that for today. Becoming a blogger is enough for one day! Cath

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze and inspire. Way to go!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy ... it was THEM ... I mean me, well sort of. When I use Internet Explorer it does not work proprely. When I use Safari (my MAC browser) it looks beautiful.

This blog is yet another example of your gift for words. I'm telling you girlfriend, there is a book in this for you, I'm sure of it!

Love You ...

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Cathy!! You are truly an amazing woman, wife, mother and friend! Speical people come into our lifes and you've definately been special to many of us who are walking or have walked the brain tumor journey with our loved ones..

Love to you and Lou and the boys..

Chris

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I love the way you can express yourself. I especially understand the after midnight. When Billy was still here, that was my time to just watch him, he didn't look the same, steriods, but he was peaceful. This is a world (the brain tumor world) you can only understand if you live it. You could never grasp the idea of it unless you have been directly involved. Anyway, thank you for your eloquent expression of this brain tumor world.

Danette

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathy,
This is wonderful. I have followed all your letters and you are an inspiration to all of us.

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big cyber hugs to you all the way from Loomis, California!! I hope your weekend held nothing but wonderful, sunny moments.

Also, thought I should tell you that like you, I too, used to stay up way too late. Most of my early journal entries were much passed midnight. I didn't even realize why until you put it into such beautiful words.

Love to you dear girlfriend ...

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Cathy ~ seems I'm not the only one who thinks you're such a powerful, infectious writer! Thank you for including me on this .. you ARE amazing and I look forward to each entry...

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello dear friend ... just wanted to let you know I'm still here and still thinking of you.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home